Monday, June 22, 2009

BoB: Redux

Band of Brothers solidified my desire to be in the Army. I couldn't get enough of the series when it premiered when I was in high school. Now years later, Spielberg and Tom Hanks are at it again. The Pacific isn't set to air until 2010, but you van check out the trailer here. It's a ten part miniseries, so I imagine it'll have the same narrative structure as Band of Brothers.

Stupid premium channels. I might have to wait for the Blu-Ray release.

UPDATE: Darrell "Shifty" Powers, the sharpshooting Southern gentleman from Band of Brothers, has died at the age of 86. Farewell paratrooper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the way!

Rebecca said...

I can't remember how I found you blog...probably linked on a message board or someplace. Regardless, I have fianlly finished reading your years worth of entries, and I loved them. They all seemed to be a story I could hear my husband telling me. I am happy your friend Steve got out of the IRR, all of our friends have been fortunate enough to not get called back yet (or, they are still active and preparing for yet another tour, like my husband and his unit are). Good luck to you and Lauren, she seems like a great girl. I have been telling everyone I know to go read your blog, so hopefully you will get a few more readers. I hope to hear more from you in the future.

membrain said...

I'm a big fan of Band of Brothers myself. It's good to know that Shifty got to see parts of the world he otherwise wouldn't have if it weren't for the book and series.